Software Made Easy.
Explorer Eclipse is a fully integrated browser-based construction management solution that is powerful, flexible and easy-to-use.
– Browser-based. Available from anywhere with an Internet connection.
– Runs with all 4 major Internet Browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Firefox).
– We do it all. No external partners or expensive third-party solutions. No terminal services or third-party solutions.
– Choose from onsite or SaaS deployment options.
Advanced user of Explorer Eclipse
Great potential, poor execution
Review source: G2.com
What do you like best?
The Eclipse inquiries and flexibility of information gathering. You can set up recurring reports quite easily.
I don't have that much nice to say about it.
What do you dislike?
The implementation team was terrible to deal with. We were not a new client, but we received training for an upgrade to Eclipse and the training team didn't consider at all how we use the software and gave us generic training which messed up our workflow. It was a disaster. The company took very little responsibility and the response time to issues and questions was well over 2-3 days even for things marked as critical.
Recommendations to others considering the product:
I would no implement it if your company uses the following things (We were told this we were a special case)
- Canadian GST or HST
- Canadian PST
- Progress billing with holdback
- If you have a preference to type rather than click. The new version forces many mouse clicks and typing combined, slowing down data entry
- If you want job cost information to flow seamlessly to billing
- If you want support when you have questions
- If you want effective training
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
Core accounting: AR/AP/GL
No benefits above other construction specific software, but in comparison to the non-specific products it does capture many of our accounting needs and we only have 3-4 other complimentary software subscriptions.